Boo! TuneIn Radio is here to help you get into the Halloween spirit. Get ghoulish with one of our dozens of spooky stations for Halloween music stations, scary story podcasts, and even a dedicated War of the Worlds station.
Happy almost Labor Day weekend! We’re celebrating in Seattle and taking you to Bumbershoot Music Festival. Join us from anywhere, and listen to Bumbershoot Radio for exclusive performances from The Joy Formidable, Trampled by Turtles, ZZ Ward and more – live all weekend long.
We’re so excited to sponsor San Francisco’s Outside Lands again. We had an amazing time last year bringing you to the city’s largest music festival with our live stream, and 2013 promises to be even more awesome.
One of the things that makes radio so unique is the personalities behind the music. After getting four of our favorite DJs to tell us all about their show and why they are drawn to radio, we decided to get a little silly.
It’s a big day for TuneIn. Today, we announced that we raised a $25 million round of funding led by Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), with participation from our existing business partners Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, and General Catalyst Partners.
It’s a big month for our friends from the land down under.
Not only is Australia Day on January 26 but also it’s time for the first Grand Slam tennis event of the year, the Australian Open. And TuneIn has great coverage of both of these events. Read below for more detail, and happy listening!
It’s Election Day/Night/something of the sort, and we wanted to share information with you outside of the polls.
For the month of October, TuneIn analyzed its political listening data, all 4.1 million hours of it or 468 years (yes, really), and identified interesting listening behavior as it relates to conservative and liberal programming on our service.
So see below for some political radio patterns, particularly in key battleground states. No explanation needed as pictures are worth 1,000 words and even more data points.
Once you’re done, listen to live election coverage with TuneIn. And let’s see how these listening trends stack up against votes once polls close oh so soon.
From Austin to New York City, not too shabby, right?
From today, October 16 through Saturday, October 20, we’ll be taking you to CMJ Music Marathon, New York City’s annual festival highlighting college radio and up-and-coming bands. We’re serious. Think Lady Gaga, Arcade Fire, the xx, among countless others.
Our CMJ channel contains all of this year’s College Day nominees, CMJ Radio and live showcases from New York’s WFUV and Seattle’s KEXP. TuneIn is also a proud sponsor of CMJ College Day, taking place on Thursday, October 18, where we will present the first annual TuneIn Digital Leader award.
Here are detailed daily lineups. Join us! (All times ET)
UPDATE: TIME FOR THE FESTIVAL! LISTEN TO FULL, LIVE SETS FROM KEXP’S SECRET STAGE ON BUMBERSHOOT RADIO. SCHEDULE BELOW. ROCK ON.
Seattle’s famous Bumbershoot Music & Arts Festival is going down this weekend, from 9/1 to 9/3. The festival, which turns 42 this year, has featured everyone from Tina Turner to Death Cab for Cutie and is beloved locally. Well, it’s time for the rest of the world to enjoy this Seattle gem too.
Get to know the 2012 lineup with Bumbershoot Radio, only on TuneIn. Listen to Tony Bennett, Passion Pit, Skrillex, M83, Anna Tijoux, the list goes on…
Leading up to the festival, thanks to our friends at Seattle’s legendary KEXP, Bumbershoot Radio will also feature festival performance archives. Then, during Bumbershoot, we partner with KEXP to bring you full, live sets from the Bumbershoot Music Lounge, an exclusive small stage with acts by M. Ward, Passion Pit, among others.
Check back for daily updates to the archive and live lineup. Happy listening!
All times PST & subject to change
Tuesday, August 28
8am: Raphael Saadiq (from Bumbershoot 2009)
12pm: Plants And Animals (2010)
2pm: Sera Cahoon (2009)
4pm: Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears (2009)
6pm: Surfer Blood (2010)
Wednesday, August 29
9am: Os Mutantes (2009)
11am: Pickwick (2011)
3pm: Mad Rad (2011)
5pm: Ra Ra Riot (2010)
7pm: Bomba Estereo (2010)
Thursday, August 30
8am: Fences (2011)
11am: Phantogram (2011)
2pm: Grant Lee Buffalo (2011)
4pm: Horse Feathers (2010)
6pm: Fitz & The Tantrums (2011)
Friday, August 31
10am: Pickwick (2011)
2pm: Justin Townes Earle (2010)
4pm: Common Market (2009)
6pm: Strfkr (2011)
8pm: Shabazz Palaces (2011)
Saturday, September 1: BUMBERSHOOT TIME! Full, live sets from The Bumbershoot Music Lounge.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. No Purchase Necessary.Sweepstakes starts on or around 12:00 a.m. (Pacific Time), on August 25, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on September 3, 2012 (hereinafter the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sweepstakes is limited to individuals eighteen years (18) of age or older residing in the United States. Employees, directors, and/or officers (including immediate family members or members of the household) of Sponsor(s), their subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies and all other companies or entities associated with the Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Sweepstakes Rules which shall be final in all respects.
2. How to Enter.To enter, entrants must follow @tunein on Twitter and re-tweet the designated tweet of the day from the TuneIn Twitter handle (@tunein). All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) each day of the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible for that day’s Sweepstakes.
3. Winning.The next day following each day’s Sweepstakes (e.g., August 26, 2012 for entries received on August 25, 2012), Sponsor shall select one (1) winner chosen by TuneIn, in its sole discretion, from all eligible entries received the prior day. Winners will receive a TuneIn branded t-shirt, Approximate Retail Value ($10.00 USD). Winners will be notified by TuneIn via tweet the next day and will have 48 hours to respond via direct message on Twitter. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Odds of winning depends on the number of eligible entries received. If a selected winner cannot be reached by Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours of the selection of winners then he/she will be disqualified and another winner will be selected randomly from all remaining eligible entries. If these rules differ from any promotional or other materials published in connection with the Sweepstakes, these rules shall control. The decision of Sponsor is final as to all aspects of the Sweepstakes.
4. Conditions. Winners are responsible for the payment of all taxes associated with receipt of any prize. Prizes are non-transferable for cash, nor exchangeable. If the prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor also reserve the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes or these Official Sweepstakes Rules if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor, in their sole discretion. By participating, where allowable by law, entrant grants to Sponsor the worldwide right to publish, broadcast and use in any media, including the World Wide Web, participant’s entry, name, picture, and likeness, without limitation, for promotional and advertising purposes without additional compensation. Winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release, and any other documents required by Sponsor or tax authorities within seven (7) calendar days of notification of selection. If a winner does not complete the required forms within the seven (7) calendar day period, Sponsor will disqualify the winner and select an alternate winner.
5. Liability. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you (and if you are a minor, your parents or legal guardians) accept all risk and consequences of entry and participation in this Sweepstakes, and agree to release and hold Sponsor(s), its/ their officers, directors, affiliates, employees, contractors, subsidiaries, agents and partners harmless from any and all consequences, liability, losses, damages (including without limitation, consequential, punitive, incidental, special or increased damages and those related to personal injury, death or damage to property) and costs and expenses, of any kind, under any legal theory, arising from or related to this Sweepstakes, including but limited to your entry and participation in this Sweepstakes, the acceptance and/or use (or misuse) of any prize, printing errors, any claims based upon rights of publicity and invasion of privacy. Entrant shall indemnify Sponsor, its/ their officers, directors, affiliates, contractors, subsidiaries, agents, employees and partners from and against all claims or suits and any damages or costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to entrant’s violation or inaccuracy of any warrantees or representations made relating to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for errors which may occur in the transmission of entrant’s entry. Sponsor is/are not responsible for any fraud or misconduct on the part of the entrants. Should an entrant engage in fraud or misconduct of any nature, including but not limited to a violation of the Official Sweepstakes Rules, such entrant shall be subject to immediate disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or amend the Sweepstakes at any time if the fairness, integrity, and or proper administration of the Sweepstakes is jeopardized. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, OR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Entrant’s sole damages shall be limited to entrant’s actual out of pocket expenses, excluding attorneys’ fees. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSES AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.6. Law. These terms and conditions shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without regard to any choice of law principles. Entrant hereby agrees and irrevocably consents to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of California and of the United States of America located in the State of California, USA, for any and all claims arising from or related to this Agreement. Entrant agrees that all claims relating to this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
7. Entire Agreement. These terms set forth the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings relating thereto, whether oral or written.
8. Sweepstakes SponsorTuneIn, 329 Alma Street, Palo Alto, CA 94301
9. Winner List.Winners’ names may be posted on www.twitter.com/tunein. You may also write to Sponsor at the address listed above for a complete list of winners, however such list shall not be available after four (4) weeks after the winner has been chosen.
Panel voting for SXSW 2013 is open. Turn your thumbs up for TuneIn.
Last year, we made a splash in Austin with a rad taco truck, armadillo t-shirts (yes, you read correctly) and traveling billboards. Well, in 2013, we want to be involved in a more “serious” way too. Hence, the panels.
It only takes a few seconds to set up an account , search for TuneIn and cast your vote(s). We kindly request your swift action as voting concludes on August 31st.
It’s time for one of the greatest music festivals of the year!
Always wanted to visit San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park but can’t clear your schedule for 3 days of festival fun? Only able to swing one day? Have no fear. Listen to Outside Lands from anywhere, exclusively on TuneIn.
We’re live from the park today Friday, August 10 through Sunday, August 12! Check out Outside Lands Radio and click on each artist link below to enjoy full, live sets and exclusive artist interviews from the festival—all for free.
See below for the incredible lineup so far.All times are PST, and check back often for updates! Schedule is subject to change. Apologies for any inconsistencies, but broadcasting from the 3rd most visited park in the US is technically challenging…even in this day and age. :)
We’re excited to announce three major strategic alliances today with Cox Media Group, Emmis Communications and Entercom Communications Corp.! To read about these announcements, explore the links below: