To follow the broadcast of radio on the Squeezebox, it was a real pain. Need proof? How about a head-to-head challenge…
Imagine you are searching for a station that carries the Dallas Cowboys football games. Let’s count the difference in steps.
- Step 1: go to Google, or your favorite search engine
- Step 2: search for Dallas Cowboys radio
- Step 3: go through a bunch of pages about the Cowboys interviews on the radio
- Step 4: you try another search for your local radio station page that plays sports games locally
- Step 5: Press play
- Step 6: copy the URL (or sniff the URL using a tool)
- Step 7: Set up the URL in Squeezebox Favorites
- Step 8: Play on the Squeezebox (YAY!)
- Possible Step 9: The station changes teh URL and you have to repeat the process.
Now, with the integrated Guide in Squeezebox configured in your
- Step 1: Go to your Squeezebox and browse to Internet Radio > RadioGuide by RadioTime > Browse by Genre > Sports > Football > NFL >Dallas Cowboys
- Step 2: Play
That’s a 400% reduction in steps!