We’re happy to announce the release of an update to our application for Android OS. By popular demand, this version adds a sleep timer, allowing you to stream your favorite stations up to 2 hours before turning off the audio automatically. We’ve also rolled in several bug fixes and playback stability improvements. For the technically minded:
- Use GPS much less aggressively within the application – only at startup
- Correctly handle malformed PLS playlist entries
- Fix timing sensitivity issues with some AAC streams
- Compensate for faulty focus handling on devices with hardware keyboard
- Adjustments to build system for Android 2.2
We are working hard on a more comprehensive playback improvement package, particularly to fix the “slow audio” and “stream won’t restart” conditions reported by many users.