Listening Picks: Commuter Edition
With Bike to Work Day looming (it’s on May 16th this year), it’s gotten us thinking about our work-day commute. Can you believe the amount of time we all spend traveling? What if we could utilize that time in a new way? Fortunately, this is something we can accomplish.
Chances are your daily grind consists of some form of transit, whether it’s riding the train, bussing, driving, taking an Uber (it’s cool, we all have those days), and of course, biking. Putting in those earbuds is essential for getting through this sometimes arduous part of the day. As for what to listen to…
Here are some of our favorite ways to turn that commute time into quality time with TuneIn:
- Learn something new. Why not soak up some knowledge on your way to work? Learn to cook with America’s Test Kitchen, expand your mind with Science Friday, or get money-wise with Marketplace.
- Stay informed. We’re on a 24-hour news cycle, people! Stay abreast with stations like On Point, CNN, and BBC Radio.
- Don’t miss the dish. This might be the perfect time to catch up on the latest from Hollywood. Listen to POPSUGAR and The Treatment for celebrity stories and interviews.
- Keep score. It’s a little easier to keep up with all of your favorite sports teams when you can check in from anywhere. Listen to Mike and Mike and ESPN.
- Cycle-centric. Interested in learning more about this whacky biking lifestyle? We’ve put together a special National Bike to Work Day program so that you can learn more.
Please Note: If you are biking to work, cycling while wearing earbuds may be prohibited in your local jurisdiction. Please make sure you adhere to the local law and always exercise caution. Safe riding!